Baseball season is upon us, basketball is mid season and football has closed up for the time being. Our local teams have played over the years in various sites. Let us see if you can name them.
- The San Francisco 49ers started play in 1946. At what stadium did they play their games until 1970?
- Before moving to the Oakland Coliseum in 1967, the Raiders played three seasons in a temporary field built for them at the current Laney College site. What was the name of that stadium?
- When the Giants moved to San Francisco in 1958, they played two seasons in a stadium previously occupied by a Pacific Coast League team. What was the name of that field?
- The Oakland A’s have always played at the Oakland Coliseum since 1968, no matter the various names attached to that stadium. From what city did the team move to Oakland?
- Before moving permanently to Oakland, the Warriors played in various venues throughout San Francisco. One location they shared with the Ice Capades. What was it?
- Another Warrior location was a site for livestock exhibitions. What was that venue?