Pitchers and catchers report this month, so a new baseball season is upon us. It appears the A’s and Giants may have the best two pitching staffs in Baseball, so who knows. It is about time for a Bay Bridge World Series again. Let’s see if we can do it without an earthquake this time.
Here are this month’s questions:
- Who was the female star of the 70′s disaster movie “Earthquake”?
- Who was the MVP of the 89 Bay Bridge World Series?
- Who was the TV broadcaster who nearly lost his mind when the quake hit?
- Dropping that subject for a minute, what Oscar nominated movie director played “The Shadow” on radio?
- What potent liquor was brewed up by Hairless Joe nad Lonesome Polecat in the “Li’l Abner” comic strip?
- Who was the first astronaut to go into space?
- Ann Rutherford
- Rick Monday
- Betty White
- Second Avenue
- Black Beauty
- John Edwards
WIN LUNCH ON BEN!
The first person to email or mail, no calls please, the correct answers to all of the above questions will win a $25 gift certificate at The Uptown Cafe in downtown Danville, compliments of Ben Fernandez!
Entries must be received by February 20, 2011. In the event of a tie, the winner will be drawn at random. Please email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to ALIVE East Bay, 199 East Linda Mesa Avenue, Suite 10, Danville, CA 94526. Employees and family members of employees of ALIVE East Bay are not eligible. Restaurant may be changed without notice.