Spring is here and that can only mean one thing- BASEBALL I know, I know, it means other things too, but indulge an old coot. Anyone interested in this nonsense can join us at WPLJ in Walnut Creek for the annual Trivia Tournament originally played at Kings X in Oakland. We will be playing all day, so come and watch. If you want to play, let us know.
- “It Happens Every Spring” was a very enjoyable baseball movie of 1950. Who was the star?
- Who was the very first opening day pitcher for the SF Giants in their inaugural season of 1958?
- In which stage musical was the song “Younger than Springtime” sung?
- Who played the title role in the TV show “December Bride”?
- At what Georgia health resort did FDR pass away in 1945?
- Sports Illustrated perpetuated a great hoax 30 years ago in describing the pitching exploits of a baseball pitcher, Sidd Finch, who could throw 100 miles per hour and hit the ball 500 feet It was an April Fools Day gag created by a well-known writer. Who was the writer?
1. Ava Gardner 2. Dave Stewart 3. Al Michaels 4. Orson Welles 5. Kickapoo Joy Juice 6. Alan Shepherd
Win Lunch On Ben!
The first person to email or mail, no calls please, the correct answers to all of the above questions will win a $25 gift certificate at The Uptown Cafe in downtown Danville, compliments of Ben Fernandez! Entries must be received by April 20, 2011. In the event of a tie, the winner will be drawn at random. Please email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to ALIVE East Bay, 199 East Linda Mesa Avenue, Suite 10, Danville, CA 94526. Employees and family members of employees of ALIVE East Bay are not eligible. Restaurant may be changed without notice.