The beauty clock starts ticking at thirty. Things can go south very fast if you don’t start taking care of your skin. If you are thirty or over, now is the time to change your skin care regime from a department or drug store brand to an advanced skin care line, preferably from an Aesthetician.
With proper care, you can have fabulous skin in your forties, fifties, sixties and beyond. These promises are not based on my assumptions or observations alone, they have been proven by anti-aging cosmeceutical experts.
1. Serums. DMAE is positively one of the supreme ingredients to include in your everyday skin care ritual, because of the wonders it does for the skin. When this unusual nutrient complex is applied topically, not only does it work quickly—within minutes of application—it also continues to firm the skin over time. And it couldn’t be safer; it’s considered a food-grade substance, so you could actually eat it.
2. Cleansers. Using harsh alkali soaps and acne cleansers, can cause the surface of the skin to breakdown and bring about damage to the protective barrier, leaving it dry and vulnerable to disease. Using sensitive and mild cleansers that are rich in nutrients gently washes away debris and make-up without drying, at the same time nurturing the skin so that it continues to look, feel and act young and healthy.
3. Toners. While cleansing the skin daily, using a toner after cleansing is essential in taking care of your skin and keeping it smooth and healthy. Using a cotton pad with toner will take away excess make-up and oils and improve the surface of the skin. A toner with Peptides, Vitamin C, with a PH balance will benefit the complexion greatly and the skin will function with maximum benefits.
4. Moisturize. By age thirty you will see the effects of sun damage and loss of skin tone. Uneven skin tone, blotchiness and dark pigmentation are all signs of pre-mature aging. Skin starts thinning at thirty and takes longer to repair itself, than in your twenties. Stop using detergent-based moisturizers and switch to a scientifically advanced moisturizer with antioxidants and peptides, as these will help protect the epidermis from losing firmness and prevent sagging.
5. Eye Care. The eye area is the most stressed out area on the face. This delicate area cannot handle stress, allergies, alcohol, severe weather or sunshine. Eyes swell from allergies, alcohol consumption and stress. What you might not know is that when swelling occurs, toxins are left in the area and cause havoc underneath the skin. If not pampered early and correctly and given the utmost care, eyes will sag, look years older, and wrinkle fast. Eyes are the first to go when aging starts. Using a nonirritant, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and a de-puffer eye cream specifically for the eye area is recommended.
Facts about Skin Over 30. The skin’s oil glands reduce their production significantly after age 30, and the loss continues over the years. Regardless of your skin type, the bottom line is this: A little care can go a long way. For most people, a skin care program that emphasizes advanced scientific proven products can help heal the skin from the inside out and maximize the good qualities of your complexion by improving color, clarity, and smoothness, while minimizing fine lines and wrinkles.